Congregation Etz Chaim
Join us for our virtual Shavuot service, Thursday, May 28th at 7:00PM
Providing participatory and spiritually meaningful worship experiences to nourish your soul through prayer
and connection with our community.
Community & Connections
Creating together what none of us can do alone
A community united by a shared love of learning. Seeking knowledge throughout all phases of life, as the study
of Torah is a lifelong endeavor.
Inclusion & Diversity
Drawing strength on our commitment to honor and respect the diversity of our membership through inclusiveness.
‘Repairing the World’ by improving the lives of others in our synagogue, locally, nationally, and
throughout the world.
Visit us, tour our synagogue, meet our Rabbis, worship with us.
Learn more about our vibrant and
Rabbi Andrea Cosnowsky
Congregation Etz Chaim is to be that place of compassion, growth and welcome that spiritual seekers crave. We endeavor to support the passions of Jews and those who align themselves with the Jewish community and to nurture the well-being of all peoples.
Rabbi Frederick Kamil
Services & Holidays
Beyond Our Building
-Listen to Rabbi Cosnowsky's Message of Comfort. Click here to watch. Password- 9M&8Lj*m
-Listen to Rabbi Cosnowsky's Shavuot message. Click here to watch. Password- 8P@&3N!9
-Join the Rabbis for Shabbat services on Fridays at 7:00 PM. We will begin with an oneg at 7:00 PM and will follow with the service at 7:30 PM.
-Come hear all about the salacious stories of the Talmud with your favorite beverage with the Rabbis on Mondays at 7:00 PM.
-Join Jack Fried on Wednesdays at 11:15 AM for QiGong. Learn more here.
- Congregation Etz Chaim is delighted to be able to partner with the Holocaust Museum to bring virtual programming to our congregation. Please join us for these two very important programs: On June 10, please join us for the commemoration of the 155th Anniversary of Juneteenth with Sherrilyn Ifill. And on June 17th, please join Dr. Edith Eva Eger for a discussion about her book, The Choice. Click here for more information about these programs.
- -Wednesday, June 3 at 7:00 PM- Adult Beginners Hebrew Reading Class with Marla Friedman
- -Thursday, June 4 at 7:00 PM- Brotherhood General Meeting
- -Sunday, June 7- Greater Chicago Jewish Festival
- -Tuesday, June 9 at 7:30 PM- Book Discussion Group: The Liar by Ayelet Gundar-Goshen
- -Sunday, June 14 at 4:00 PM- Promoting Racial Justice Book discussion: "White Fragility"
Congregation Etz Chaim of DuPage County serves almost 500 families in the western suburbs of Chicago.
The synagogue is conveniently located near I-88 and I-355 between Roosevelt and Butterfield Roads, at 1710 South Highland Avenue in Lombard, Illinois.
OUR CONGREGATION IN ACTION - JOIN US
Congregation Etz Chaim of DuPage County, a Reform synagogue in Lombard, serves almost 500 families in the western suburbs of Chicago. We have a tradition of having an inclusive community which welcomes everyone- Jews by birth, Jews by choice, non-Jewish family members, singles, LGBTQIA2+ and people of all ages and abilities. We are a caring community that draws strength on our commitment to honor and respect the diversity of our membership.