As the only Reform synagogue in DuPage County, Congregation Etz Chaim draws members from more than 50 communities. Here’s what some of our members say about their experience at Etz Chaim.
- “One of the best things about Etz Chaim is that it is very child and family oriented. There are many programs and activities geared to all ages of children, including Sunday School, family programs, the Purim carnival, musical performances, and the Hanukkah party. We could go to a synagogue closer to our home but prefer to travel a bit further to take advantage of all Etz Chaim offers to children and families.”
- “I have found some of my dearest friends over a 24-year period as a member of this synagogue, but more importantly I found my Jewish heart, soul, and connection here that you can’t find at your local PTA, Newcomers, or AAUW!”
- “When I moved to the Western suburbs a few years ago, I was looking for a “home away from home,” and I found it very close to home at Etz Chaim. From my first visit, I found the atmosphere warm, welcoming, and down-to-earth. The rabbis are approachable, fun, and great teachers. I especially love Friday night Shabbat services—the music, the serenity, and the opportunity for reflection add up to a very centering experience.”
- “A welcoming community where you can easily be as involved as you want without evangelism or pressure. A friendly community of all ages and interests which supports diverse opinions, religious observances, and walks of life.”
- “The best thing about Etz Chaim is Purim!!!”