Chair: Alice Heinz
The Office and Communications Committee guides the functioning of the office and its staff. The committee works with office staff to identify and provide for future needs in areas of communications including publicity and advertising, technology, equipment and personnel.
- Work with staff to produce, edit and maintain synagogue communications including website, e-bulletin and publicity releases. In 2007 this committee led the project to create and implement an electronic bulletin to replace the print version. This e-bulletin, in combination with our website, provides information to our current and prospective members and friends of the congregation in a timely fashion.
- Create and distribute publicity and advertising to media outlets.
- Assist with equipment and technology decisions and purchases. In the summer of 2008 the committee, with generous donations from Sisterhood and Brotherhood, assisted the staff with the purchase of a new technologically advanced phone system for the synagogue.
- Provide technical support to office including installation, updating and maintenance of computer equipment and software and working to maintain security of electronic information.
- Document policies and procedures for use of the equipment and technologies, including the projector installed during the remodeling of the social hall in 2007, and wireless internet throughout much of the building.
- Administer the Stu Soreff Office Fund. Donations to this fund have been used to purchase furniture and office equipment, and underwrite the cost of high-speed internet service.
- Strive to be financially and environmentally responsible. Reduced direct costs and paper usage with change to electronic bulletin and e-mail communications.
- Update policies and procedures reflected in the congregation’s Employee Manual.
Members of the Office and Communications Committee bring diverse interests and expertise in many areas of communications, technology, and human resources to the group. We welcome new members to join us.