The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
Congregation Etz Chaim does not share or sell personal contact information with other organizations, and we do not store credit card information.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you for customer service and to provide you with updates and other information relating to the organization, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
Congregation Etz Chaim follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and are a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Congregation Etz Chaim uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer's personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer's personal data, not sell the consumer's personal data (note that Congregation Etz Chaim does not sell or share any consumer data with others.)
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.